Home Registration » SBD/HDBMB Bursaries
SBD and HDBMB Bursaries
SBD and HDBMB Bursaries are available to support participation of young scientists from Slovenia and Croatia at the 45th FEBS Congress in Ljubljana and are funded by Slovenian Biochemical Society (50 bursaries) and Croatian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (10 bursaries). They are destined for young scientists and students (under the age of 35) from both countries, who are members of either SBD or HDBMB. The Bursaries will cover the early registration fee (€250).
Applications for SBD and HDBMB Bursaries are possible until January 25, 2020.
Eligibility criteria for SBD and HDBMB Bursaries
The applicants should:
- be regular members of either SBD or HDBMB; please note that fully paid-up membership is required
- be under the age of 35, at the time of registration payment, except if studies were started later, or were delayed by maternity leave (18 months per child), prolonged illness or other personal reasons
- apply via the online Congress registration system
- submit an abstract to the FEBS 2020 Congress as first author
- submit a CV and Letter of Motivation
How to apply
Applications for SBD and HDBMB bursaries must be submitted through the Congress registration system no later than January 25, 2020.(1) Select the SBD Bursary Applicant or HDBMB Bursary Applicant registration category, as applicable.
(2) Complete a registration order valued at 0 Euros by entering your details on the registration form and selecting the SBD/HDBMB waiver option
(3) Upload your CV (including all university degrees and a list of publications), your letter of motivation (describing your reasons for attending the FEBS 2020 Congress and signed also by a supervisor), and scan of your ID as supporting documents. Please note that all documents should be uploaded in one pdf file.
(4) Submit your abstract through the Congress abstract submission system as the first author, according to the guidelines on the Call for Abstracts page.
The applications will be assessed by the Bursary Committees at SBD and HDBMB, respectively. The candidates will be notified on the evaluation outcome via e-mail by February 10, 2020.
Until the announcement of the evaluation results, the registration/participant status of applicants for SBD and HDBMB bursaries will be held as pending. After outcome notifications, successful applicants will be waived for the registration fee, whereas the others will be able to switch to the Young Scientist category in the Congress registration system to complete registration with payment.
Abstracts from the applicants will be included in the evaluation for oral presentation at the FEBS 2020 Congress. If you are interested in oral presentation opportunities, please answer 'yes' to a question on this in the abstract submission system. Assessment for this will be carried out by the International Scientific Committee of the Congress and is independent of selection for SBD and HDBMB bursaries.